As we build our exceptional team, a wide variety of roles are becoming available. This is a great time to get on board and help us to develop an airline that customers value for its excellent service. We are creating a warm, open and multicultural community, with competitive packages for the right people.
Purpose of the position
- He/she will be required to plan in advance and proactively manage all passenger services operations and Airside Services in line with respective Air Belgium Standard Ground Handling Agreements and Service Level Agreements.
- He/she will be based in Brussels South Charleroi Airport.
- He/she has analytical capacities to identify the airside operations strengths and weakness in order to identify areas of improvement and for the purpose of promoting the Safety Management System at the station. He/she shall be in a position to foresee opportunities and threats and propose action plans.
- He/she ensures that the published flight schedule is operated in the most professional, efficient and cost effective manner whilst ensuring compliance to all relevant safety, security, quality and environmental policies.
Main activities and responsibilities
- Participates in customer services strategy at Brussels South Charleroi Airport.
- Oversees, manages and instructs all GHA and other third-party personnel.
- Ensures that the Ground Handler staffing levels are sufficient and maintained across all departments for optimum service delivery.
- Ensures passenger and aircraft handling practices conform to safety and security requirements as a foremost priority.
- Fosters excellent teamwork and team spirit within team members.
- Makes decisions, recommendations and takes actions pertaining to operations and uses unbiased rational approach to generate solutions.
- Liaises with BSCA personnel and other airport agencies on operational issues.
- Handles all Air Belgium flights within the shift and ensures that proper hand over is performed to the following Duty Supervisor.
- Acts as a liaison between airport service providers and users and monitors the day to day operations
- Provides input and recommendations to management to improve the effectiveness of the daily operations
- Motivate, engage and develop an organisational culture that reflects the company’s values
- Resolves customer problems and complaints effectively across all departments including customer relations and providing resolutions for complaint handling
- Ensures that all services delivered by suppliers (including airport) are compliant with SLA’s and legal requirements and immediately reports any deviance to the Head of Department
- Ensures regular reporting of Airport field activities, identified potential risks and incidents to potholders and the AB Management team
- Reports immediately any damage to the aircraft to the respective Department Head
Safety, Health and Environment
- Ensures On Time Performance of Air Belgium operations
- Promote safety awareness and develop a safety culture with 3rd party agencies. Establish and actively engage the Safety Management System in the Ground Operations field.
- Reports safety related issue/incident to the Health and Safety Responsible and appropriate team members
- Identifies and mitigates safety and security risks for passengers and staff
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work cross functionally
- Customer orientation
- Problem solving oriented
- Comply with Company policies, values and ethics.
- Comply with local & national legislations
- Understand the business context in which the company operates that informs planning and decision making
Requirements and qualifications
- At least 5 years’ experience in the aviation industry
- Strong leadership, negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to make decisions on the spot and under extreme work pressure
- Computer literate
- Fluent in French and English (written and spoken). Dutch is an asset
- Ready to work on shifts
- Ready to travel
- A permanent contract
- A package in line with industry standards