The Assistant Manager, Network Planning, will report to the Senior Manager, Network Planning to help develop Scoot and Tigerair’s route network and flight schedule. The objective will be to optimize the mix of routes, frequencies and flight timings to ensure a healthy financial return and aircraft utilization.
Short / medium term network planning
- Work closely with the Commercial teams to develop the route network and frequencies for the upcoming schedule season. Make recommendations on frequency adjustments, connections, as well as gauge changes in order to optimize the network performance.
- Regularly monitor the financial performance of a set of assigned routes, including identifying trends and competitor tracking, with the objective of giving forewarning to management, along with a thoroughly researched recommendation plan to improve route profitability. Work with other Commercial and Operational departments to achieve overall budget revenue targets as well as to jointly address under-performing routes.
- Contribute to the development of the Budget Operating Plan (BOP) for the upcoming Financial year, through development of the network strategy, qualitative and financial evaluation of new route opportunities and planning for the development of existing routes.
- Identify new route opportunities and carry out the economic evaluation / validation of these routes, including review of demand, competitive landscape, operating cost and other financial exposure. Liaise with external stakeholders, including airports and tourism bodies, to thoroughly study the route opportunity.
- Mentor and guide the analysts in the team on network planning related assignments.
Long Term Planning
- Work with the team to develop a long term network strategy, and translate this into a network and fleet plan for the next 5-10 years.
- Using a bottom-up approach, build the long term network plan, focusing on maturing existing routes and developing new routes in the plan.
- Provide inputs from a route performance / planning perspective to the Scheduling team to aid in their planning of the seasonal schedules.
- Represent airline at Slots conference twice a year, if the Scheduling team requires additional support.
- Work with Internal and External stakeholders to manage the regulatory process to get new routes approved and launched;
- Track air traffic rights and new route opportunities, as required.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study (Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Operations Research, Business Administration, Science & Engineering)
- Work Experience in network planning related work will be an asset. Experience in travel industry preferred, though not pre-requisite
- Exceptional analytical and communication skills;
- Good commercial acumen
- PC Literate with strong skills in MS Excel
- A mature team player who is able to interact with and lead discussions with other departments and external parties.
- Strong presentation and verbal skills with the ability to deliver arguments clearly and confidently
- Possess the ability to think laterally and make decisions
- Be able to work independently within a fast paced, target driven environment
- A pro-active attitude