Flight Crews are responsible for the safe and reliable operation of our fleet of Boeing 777’s and 737’s.
Atlas Air Worldwide is a leading global provider of outsourced aircraft and aviation operating services. Southern Air, an AAWW subsidiary is an ACMI carrier that operates a fleet of aircraft for domestic, regional and international applications.
All First Officer applicants must possess the following qualifications:
- Hold a current unrestricted or restricted ATP certificate with an airplane category multiengine class rating and English proficiency endorsement
- Hold a current FAA First Class Medical Certificate
- Hold an FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit
- Hold a valid passport with no restrictions on international travel
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Have a minimum of 1000 hours of total time
- Military conversion of .3 per sortie
- Have a minimum of 1000 fixed wing or 500 hours with a 121 carrier
- Minimum age of 23 (all Southern pilot positions are subject to FAA 121 mandatory retirement regulations)
- Have the ability to pass a 10-year security background check and a DOT pre-employment test.
*Note: ATP issued with a CIRC APCH-VMC Only limitation are acceptable.
- Current & Qualified and operating in a part 121, 135 or part 91 environment.
- Have a minimum of 500 hours of turbine time
Please note that all candidates offered a position as a First Officer will be tested in accordance with 14 CFR Part 120.107(5) Sub Part E to determine the presence of the marijuana, cocaine, opiates (including codeine, heroin-6AM, morphine), opioids- hydrocodone, hydromorphone, oxycodone & oxymorphone, phencyclidine (PCP), and amphetamines/methamphetamines (including MDMA, MDA) or metabolites of these drugs.