AirTanker is one of the world’s most exciting aviation projects and we offer a diverse range of roles in our unique environment, based in the heart of the picturesque Cotswolds.
AirTanker was established in 2008 to deliver Voyager, the RAF’s new air-to-air refueling and air transport aircraft. Working alongside full time RAF personnel and Reservists, we blend the best of civil and military aviation expertise to carry out air-to-air refueling tasks and fly our armed forces to wherever they are needed in the world.
Irrespective of their background, civilian or military, all of our people share a common commitment to delivering service excellence to the RAF. For our part, AirTanker is equally committed to its people, supporting them in their personal and professional development.
Working with like-minded people, you’ll also find a warm welcome here at the AirTanker Hub. We have an annual diary of organised events from family days and summer festivals to a social scene that has gone from strength-to-strength as we have grown.
AirTanker is about much more than the ‘nine to five’. We will earn your commitment, offering you a unique opportunity to play a crucial part in a pioneering service that is working to deliver unparalleled support to the RAF and UK armed forces.
Joining AirTanker could be the best decision you ever make.
We are currently recruiting for a Business Improvement Practitioner.
Primary Job Purpose
The purpose of the role is to support business improvement activity by facilitating workshops, 3c and 5s projects and delivering business improvement training.
- Facilitation of improvement projects to include project scoping, facilitating and data analysis
- Support 3c/5s activity across the business
- To deliver business improvement training
- Providing support to the Business Improvement Champions community, including chairing meetings
- Promotion of business improvement activity throughout AirTanker services
- Work with Primary Subcontractors and RAF on business improvement projects
- Ensuring that relevant documents are kept up to date
- Carrying out any other duties deemed to be necessary for the role
- Experienced in using a range of tools that includes; value stream mapping, problem solving and data analysis
- Demonstrable computer skills
- Problem and decision making skills
- Strong facilitator with an ability to work and influence in a matrix structure
- Interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable communication skills at all levels
- Evidence of driving process improvements to improve efficiency and financial performance
- Team player but also an ability to act on own initiative
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Recognised qualification in formal improvement methods
Due to the nature of the organisation, all employees of AirTanker Services are required to be security cleared to SC level. If successful in your application we would support you with the SC process. As a guideline only, you would normally need to have been a UK resident for the last 5 consecutive years.
Further confirmation can be found on the National Security Vetting (NSV) website https://www.gov.uk/security-vetting-and-clearance
If you have not been a UK resident for the last 5 consecutive years, please be prepared to request an Overseas Criminal Records Check for these countries as you will be asked to provide this for referencing and security checks if you are successful.
Please be advised that 1st stage interviews for this position are likely to take place week commencing 11th September 2017 and 2nd stage interviews being carried out the following week.