Cabin Crew are responsible for delivering the highest standards of safety and customer care to our customers in line with the company’s vision and brand values.
- Cabin Crew are responsible for delivering the highest standards of safety and customer care to our customers in line with the company’s vision and brand values.
- Ensure Safety Standards are maintained in accordance with the relevant authorities, regulations and legislation.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of all safety and security procedures as laid down in our relevant manuals
- To work as part of a team to ensure all our customers feel like a valued guest, treated with honesty and care
- Be responsible for cash handling and exceeding sales targets.
- Works effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines to maintain an efficient high standard of safety and customer service
- To Maintain a high standard of conduct and appearance promoting the company image/brand at all times and maintaining high on board standards
- An interest and understanding of the airline industry and role of cabin crew.
- Good standard of secondary education
- High standard of physical fitness
- Previous flying experience would be beneficial, although not essential
- Experience dealing with the general public in the leisure/tourism industry or a retail, catering or airport environment would be considered beneficial although not essential.
- Teamwork: works with others to achieve team objectives
- Customer Focus: delivers exceptional customer care
- Communication: engages effectively with others
- Planning and Organising: plans ahead, sticks to deadlines and uses delegation where appropriate
- Adaptability and Flexibility: is able to manage change positively and can adapt to new situations readily
- Functional/Technical Skills: has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment whilst demonstrating relevant role knowledge.
- Business awareness: actively promotes the company
Other Compulsory Requirements
- Minimum age 18
- Height 157.5 cm – 187cm
- Living within 90 minutes of the airport
- Holder of a full EU passport (with unrestricted World-Wide travel)
- Capable of swimming 25 metres and treading water for one minute unaided.
- No tattoos, body piercings, ear/face gauging or tooth gems (other than ear piercings) should be visible in uniform.
Company standards deem that any tattoos should not be visible in uniform (which includes a short sleeved shirt or blouse). This includes where it can be seen under items of clothing, e.g. shirts, blouses, hosiery. If tattoos are visible through the uniform, a white or flesh cotton t-shirt or camisole top must be worn under the uniform, alternatively, tattoo make-up can be applied or one skin coloured plaster measuring no more than 7cm x 2cm to meet our grooming standards can be used. However, any tattoos that are located on hands, wrists, forearm, face, neck (forward of ear-line) even if it can be covered by a plaster or tattoo make up are not permitted.
- Any face or ear gauging (stretched ear lobes) is not permitted.
Satisfactory UK Criminal record checks (please do not apply for this until advised) and Overseas criminal record checks (if applicable) as well passing and providing a UK issued EASA AME and company Medical, more details will be provided if successful at interview stage.
Any individual that has flown previously will be asked to provide proof of any crew attestation issued if successful at interview stage.