Purpose of the Role
Represent AirTanker’s commercial interests and provide commercial support to the assigned Business Stream(s)
Essential job holder qualifications & experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Undertaken training in commercial and contract management
- Demonstrable experience of commercial fundamentals: drafting and interpreting contracts, generating priced proposals, bid management, negotiation of complex high-value contracts and contract management
- High levels of drive and proven ability to influence to affect change
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build effective relationships with internal and external customers
- Confident dealing with complexity and ambiguity
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Supporting the Senior Commercial Manager to inform the commercial strategy of AirTanker towards its customers, primary sub-contractors and other suppliers for the assigned business streams.
- Provide contractual interpretation on complex issues across the entirety of AirTanker’s contract document set.
- Draft and negotiate customer agreements.
- Building in-depth knowledge of AirTanker’s contractual documents and disseminate within the organisation.
- Generate proposals for customer offerings and managed through the AirTanker Change Management Process.
- Exercise governance over AirTanker’s contractual arrangements in accordance with company delegated authorities
- Ensure that AirTanker’s customer contracts are managed robustly to maximize profitability.
- Deliver the assigned portfolio of FSTA Changes, operating in accordance with the AirTanker Change Management Process.
- Liaise with external advisors for advice on specialist topics.
- Provide support to the Senior Commercial Manager on a wide range of commercial and contractual matters.
- Provide support to the Supply Chain team in the review and negotiation of supplier agreements and resolution of contractual disputes
- Support the generation and maintenance of commercial policies, processes and procedures.
Due to the nature of the organisation, all employees of AirTanker Services are required to be security cleared to SC level. If successful in your application we would support you with the SC process. As a guideline only, you would normally need to have been a UK resident for the last 5 consecutive years. Further confirmation can be found on the National Security Vetting (NSV) website https://www.gov.uk/security-vetting-and-clearance
If you have not been a UK resident for the last 5 consecutive years, please be prepared to request an Overseas Criminal Records Check for these countries as you will be asked to provide this for referencing and security checks if you are successful.