The Customer Service Agent is the “face of the airline” and creates a positive impression and travel experience by delivering great customer service with a smile. While working safely and following company policies and procedures.
Silver Airways customer service agents perform work at the ticket counter, gate, baggage or all on any arriving or departing flight.
Responsibilities Include but not Limited to:
- Checking passengers and luggage in for flights
- Collect baggage fees
- Making reservations, selling and issuing tickets
- Escorting passengers to/from aircraft
- Assisting passengers with special needs or passengers with reduced mobility
- Supervise unaccompanied minors
- Assist passengers with claims for delayed and damaged baggage
- Answer inquiries regarding general travel information
- Maintain friendly and positive attitude when dealing with distressed passengers
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Previous customer service experience preferred
- Aviation experience preferred but not required
- General computer knowledge
- Speak English, Bilingual a Plus
Personal and Physical Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must be able to carry, bend, lift and turn with bags weighing up to 70lbs
- Must be able to stand for long periods, stoop, climb, and kneel
- Hearing- Must have the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and distinguish in sounds, such as running engines
- Must be professional appearance and adhere to company grooming/uniform policy
- Must have valid state driver license
- Ability to work rotating shifts including nights, holidays, weekends, and be able to report to work on a regular and timely basis
- Requires flexibility to work additional hours beyond the regular shift, on short notice, and as needed during irregular operations.
- Must be able to work in a wide variety of conditions: extreme weather, airport environment (jet/equipment noises), and work environment inside/outside.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Must be able to pass a Drug and Alcohol Screen, and FBI Fingerprint & Criminal History check
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed, but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Also, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.