Reporting to the Head of Flight Operations (HOFO), the Fleet Manager is responsible for the conduct (personally or by delegation) for the management of all pilot training and checking on the Q400 aircraft type in accordance with Cobham policies and procedures.
- Holding safety as a core value and contribute to the achievement of a zero harm and an incident/injury free environment through active participation in all safety;
- Ensure all crew training activities are compliant with regulator, legislative, operational, financial and procedural compliance;
- Review, maintain and update all training manuals and related documents, in consultation with internal and external stakeholders;
- Notify the HOFO of pilot performance, including making recommendations on suspensions or remedial training wherever deficiencies are identified;
- Provide specialist knowledge on the operational areas of the Q400 aircraft type;
- Maintaining a type rating on the Q400 aircraft type.
Key Person Criteria
- The right to legally live and work in Australia;
- Significant experience in aviation management;
- Experience in pilot training and check;
- A proven track-record in projects, particularly in the introduction of new aircraft types;
- Leadership and training experience on Dash 8 or Q400 aircraft is desirable.
Cobham Aviation Services (CAvS) is Australia’s largest provider of contract aviation services, employing 1,300 people nationally. It forms part of Cobham Plc’s global operations across the US, Europe, Asia Pacific and Africa.
All applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia.