Due to fleet expansion, we are now recruiting for our Flight Services Department.
Many traditional charter operators have separate charter sales and operations departments. At Blink, we combine these departments into a single team, called Flight Services. Our Flight Services team is at the centre of the organisation, responsible for supporting all aspects of the safe, cost-effective and punctual running of the Blink operation. Flight Services Controllers are trained in all the technical aspects of our operation, which enables them to discuss trip requirements with customers with confidence and the technical expertise to answer any questions our customers may have.
As a Blink Flight Services Controller you will work in the Flight Services Team, and will offer exeptional service to all of our stakeholders (customers, crew, and suppliers). You will be empowered to generate revenue, to convert customer enquiries to bookings, and to manage the entire customer interaction right up to the moment the passenger gets onboard. You will also be required to manage the largest single budget in the company, and take important decisions, selecting the best suppliers that offer great service whilst offering value for money on a daily basis.
Responsibilities will include
- To support all Blink operations as a member of the Flight Services department under the supervision of the Ground Operations Manager
- To provide excellent service to our customers
- To provide quotations for all Blink services, follow up with potential leads, and convert into new flight bookings
- To schedule the single fleet type as efficiently as possible
- To arrange all ground handling, airport permissions, and other services for all flights
- To flight plan all Blink flights and assist Blink crews with administration
- Provide 24/7 contactability for Flight Services to customers and crew.
- A passion for aviation and previous experience or qualification, eg: Avtech 2000, Air Transport degree..etc..
- A background in a business jet charter sales or operations department would be very helpful
- To have worked in a customer service environment
- A good understanding of Microsoft Office suite is essential
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent computer skills
- Language skills, particularly French or Italian would be very useful.
- A person with a strong desire to work in a small aviation business with a high degree of energy, drive and a willingness to take on responsibility and to go the extra mile
- Adaptability and flexibility to deal with ambiguity and last minute changes associated with the changing demands of an air-taxi business
- Attention to detail with a “first time right” mindset
- Able to multi-task and work well in a dynamic, fast paced team environment
- The ability to think outside of the box and work logically to solve problems
- Professional and possess excellent communication, organisation and effective time management skills
- Good customer service skills
- Core hours for the Flight Services team are 06:00 – 21:30, 7 days a week. There will be a requirement to work different shifts as required and there will be some early starts, late finishes as well as weekend working (approx 3 in 5).
- Due to the seasonal nature of the business, in the winter, Flight Services controllers are often able to work shorter shifts, but similarly, in the summer, applicants should be willing to work longer hours to get the job done.