Samoa Airways is looking for a dynamic, passionate and driven individual to join our team as the General Manager Finance based in our Apia Office.
We are a professional and diverse team and offer excellent opportunities and benefits.
Consider this an opportunity for you to personally contribute to Samoa Airways.
- New role in the airline business in Samoa
- A rare opportunity to make a difference
- Drive operational and business performance
- Lead a culture of success and excellence
- Opportunity to live and work in a dream location and drive the future strategy and key projects for Samoa Airways
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer the General Manager Finance is responsible for innovative financial and accounting and good governance performance. The position is accountable for oversight and leadership of the Finance Department.
The position requires extensive airline financial experience to ensure that the following units are run to an excellent standard:
- Member of the Samoa Society of Accountants or equivalent body; i.e. CPA status
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting from a recognized institution;
- Minimum 10 years or more experience in accounting position in the private or public sectors – of which at least 5 years will have been at an executive level or reporting thereto;
- Sound knowledge of accounting systems and applications including general ledger, debtors, creditors, and fixed assets
- Thorough understanding of and experience with management and statutory reporting, budgeting and cash flow forecasting in a highly competitive commercial environment;
- Experience working within a busy international airline
- Experience with IT and Finance systems and software