Ensure that passengers are given a warm welcome and are efficiently assisted to assure exceptional customer experience. Handle customer queries and provide additional assistance to passengers with special needs.
Observe and practice compliance with safety and security standards in compliance with regulatory requirements, company policies and customer airline procedures. Complete all relevant documentation as required, and ensure that customer and airline requirements are performed in a timely manner.
- Ensure efficient passenger handling in compliance with company policies and procedures and customer airline approved SLA’s.
- Handle all passenger handling activities, including, but not limited to the following:
- Check passenger ticket/e-ticket and handle onward connection as necessary;
- Allocate seats on the aircraft;
- Scrutinize passports;
- Handle passenger concerns and queries appropriately;
- Ask security questions and watch out for Dangerous Goods;
- Label passenger luggage correctly according to flight details and destination;
- Weigh baggage;
- Charge and collect money for excess baggage, Miscellaneous Charges Orders (MCO), and other revenue-generating services;
- Handle special requests appropriately;
- Make announcements on PA system
- Meet aircraft on arrival and guide passengers to the arrival lounge, including passengers in transit and at departure.
- Assist and provide special attention to passengers with special or specific needs- wheelchair cases, unaccompanied minors, passengers with young children, elderly, disabled, CIPs and VIPs. Escort them through the airport processes (immigration, customs, etc.), throughout the airport, and to the aircraft if necessary.
- Handle passenger queries by telephone, e-mail, fax, and incoming telexes for respective flights. Distribute relevant information to parties concerned and dispatch outgoing telexes generated by the Departure Control System.
- Compile statistics, ensuring that all coupons are accounted for, and dispatch to Revenue Accounting and/or Customer airline representative.
- Liaise with relevant airport users in the event of delays for both scheduled and ad-hoc flights.
- Make hotel bookings in respect of delayed passengers and escort passengers with special needs if necessary.
- Conduct any other related duties as assigned by Guest Services Manager and the Guest Service Supervisor/Airport Duty Manager when on shift.
QUALIFICATION AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENT
- Graduate of a post-secondary institution with IGCSE in English, French and Mathematics as a minimum qualification
- Minimum 1 to 2 years work experience in a customer-related industry an added asset
- Has to undertake and pass Sabre training (Will be provided by Air Seychelles)
- Excellent customer service skills or awareness- Qualification in customer service an advantage
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills- Fluency in French and English preferred. Ability in other foreign languages a plus
- Proactive with a positive ‘can do’ approach
- Good problem-solving skills- Proficient in handling upset and angry passengers, whilst maintaining composure, professionalism, and diplomacy
- Good computer literacy
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to work well within a team
- Possesses a pleasant disposition with excellent grooming standards
- Prepared to work shift, including weekends and public holidays