The Head of Flight Operations has overall responsibility for the safety and efficiency of the Tigerair flying operations.
Leading a large team of pilots and flight operations professionals, the Head of Flight Operations drives results and change through motivating, focusing and empowering team members.
The role is a nominated post holder in accordance with the Civil Aviation Act 1988 and is responsible for all regulatory matters associated with flying operations. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Head of Flight Operations serves as a member of the Tigerair senior leadership team and works closely with the key operating functions within Tigerair and the broader Virgin Australia Group.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Providing strong and transformational leadership to the flight operations division including line flying operations, flight standards, training, compliance, technical operations, and resource planning;
- Fostering a culture of ‘Safety First’ to ensure the compliant, safe and efficient flying operations within the scope of the Air Operators Certificate;
- Driving continuous improvement across Tigerair flying operations, leveraging new technology where appropriate, to ensure that Tigerair has most effective and efficient systems, tools and processes;
- Developing and leading the Flight Operations Management team, setting goals, driving accountability and measuring performance against safety, financial and operational goals and objectives;
- End to end oversight of the resource planning function for flight and cabin crew ensure adequate and efficient crew resourcing to support the operation;
- Leadership of the Flight Operations streams associated with the fleet transition program from A320 to B737.
Who you are:
You are a highly energetic and skilled people leader with significant experience in aviation and Flight Operations management. You are resilient and thrive in a fast-paced environment, with a passion to enable team members to contribute to their fullest potential and to provide our customers with a safe, affordable and reliable travel experience.
You have had broad experience across the full array of Flight Operations functions with a demonstrated understanding of other operational and commercial functions of an airline. You are as focused on the business aspects of the role as on the operating and technical aspects. With strong interpersonal skills and business acumen, you have a strong sense of accountability and a desire to innovate and continuously improve.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Have a proven track record of effective Flight Operations leadership, either as Head of Flight Operations of a similar sized commercial airline or in a senior leadership position in the Flight Operations division of a larger commercial airline;
- Be a credible and qualified commercial aviation pilot with an ability to relate effectively to pilots;
- Demonstrate a keen appreciation of how to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operational processes within a cost-conscious environment;
- Have a strong track record of performance improvement and change management;
- Have a demonstrated capability to deliver successful outcomes in a high-pressured environment;
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of relevant CASA legislation and regulations or comparable legislation under the FAA or EASA,
- Satisfy the requirements for the position of Head of Flight Operations as required by CASA legislation.
Sound like you?
If you have a passion to lead people, drive continuous improvement and work in a fast paced and nimble working environment then we’d love to hear from you. Apply now!