As a member of the Leadership Team the Head of Global Sale will contribute to the airlines financial result by overseeing all passenger revenue related functions at the airline excluding network and revenue management.
The role is accountable for all passenger revenue on both a route and point of sales basis for both Fiji Airways and Fiji Link, and subsequently leads a global sales team based in Fiji, Pacific Islands, New Zealand, Australia, USA, Canada, Hong Kong, China, Singapore, Japan and India.
The role will also be responsible for all costs related to the distribution and selling of Fiji Airways products and services including Global Distribution Systems, Agency Commissions and Incentives, trade joint venture marketing costs as well as costs relating to operating the sales functions on behalf the airline. This is a senior management role reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer.
- Contribute to the overall strategic direction and business plan of Fiji Airways;
- Based on the broad direction provided by the strategic plan, develop and gain approval for the airline’s annual revenue plan and budget;
- In conjunction with the wider Commercial team, develop the annual revenue budget by point of sale, channel and route;
- Accountable for developing strategies to achieve revenue targets.
- Accountable for the successful execution of marketing, advertising and promotional plans within the regions;
- Accountable for sales / revenue from all channels & drive programmes to improve unit revenue;
- Accountable for the design, development and delivery of the airline’s Tabua loyalty programme;
- Manage the overall portfolio of distribution;
- Lead strategies and manage costs within a channel and managing revenue between channels;
- Set the budget for the global sales team in conjunction with Finance;
- Lead and control various cost centre budgets globally;
- Lead the team for chartered sales and actions towards achieving targets;
- Set direction for customer service levels (SLA);
- Review and re-negotiate targets with providers as required;
- Accountable for setting and achieving revenue targets and annual sales forecast.
- Actively manage the performance of the sales teams globally and drive for continuous improvement.
- Build team capability and ensure successors are developed for key role.
Qualifications and Experience
- An undergraduate degree in business or economics, and ideally an M.B.A.
- A minimum of 15 years of significant experience leading the marketing function in a successful organization focused on delivering branded services or products to consumers
- Minimum 10 years’ experience leading sales & distribution function functions in an international airline or deep subset thereof or within a low- cost airline and indirect online channels.
- Experienced in all elements of the marketing mix with significant experience leading sales functions in an international airline or deep subset thereof or within a low- cost airline and indirect online channels.
- Experience in relationship marketing, with sound understanding of loyalty and customer retention programmes would be valuable.
- Experienced in leading cross-functionally to achieve an outcome.
Fiji Airways thanks all applicants, however, only those qualified will be screened and only those selected for an interview will be contacted.