Canada Jetlines Operations Ltd. is seeking a full time Manager Cabin Safety & In-Flight located in Western Canada.
The position may move to Eastern Canada or as a minimum require regular travel to company locations.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience as Flight Attendant Manager outlined in CASS 725.07 (2) (d) (ii).
Reporting to the Vice President Flight Operations, the Manager Cabin Safety & In-Flight is responsible for the professional standards of the cabin crews under his/her authority and has excellent leadership, management and communication skills. This unique role lets you be part of a start up team that is developing initial operational manuals, training programs and full department structure recruitment.
- Ensure a current and approved Flight Attendant Manual is in place;
- Ensure a current and approved flight attendant training programs are in place;
- Planning, scheduling, and facilitating flight attendant training in accordance with the approved
- Developing and maintaining all required cabin safety training programs;
- Assisting in the development and facilitation of joint flight operations-cabin safety training
programs (i.e., security, crew resource management, interference with crew members, etc.);
- Maintaining Cabin Crew training records;
- Writing, distributing, and tracking acknowledgement of Operational Memos and Safety &
Procedures Bulletins to the Cabin Crew;
- Actively participating in the Company’s Safety Management System through the reporting,
investigation, auctioning, and distribution of safety, accident, incident, and other occurrence
- Receiving, processing, and responding to Cabin Crew reports relative to operational issues in a
- Providing leadership and supervision to Cabin Crew;
- Maintaining qualifications and operating monthly as a Cabin Crew;
- Conducting flight attendant line checks;
- Developing and maintaining safety features cards for all Company aircraft;
- Assuming any responsibilities delegated by the Director of Flight Operations; Supporting the
Company’s reputation for outstanding customer service through participating in quality service
initiatives such as crew training and cabin/catering standards, etc.;
- Developing, documenting, and maintaining cabin safety policies, processes, and procedures;
- Acting as the cabin safety liaison with other Company departments;
- Completing all administrative tasks associated with the position;
- During absences, delegating responsibilities for all duties to another qualified individual
(demonstrated to the satisfaction of the Company); and
- Any other related duties as required.
Education & Experience
- Previous Flight Attendant Manager experience
- Must be able to demonstrate to the Minister the ability to fulfill the responsibilities of the position
- Post-secondary education in business, aviation or safety studies is preferred
- Excellence in customer service and conflict resolution
- Previous experience with program development, technical writing and program facilitation
- Strong commitment to upholding all safety standards and company policies and procedures
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and legislation such as CARs 705, CASS, Canada Labour Code, etc. as well as how regulatory bodies operate and interrelate
- Proven leadership, management, and supervisory skills
- Excellent organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Planning, forecasting, goal setting, budgeting and financial analysis skills
- Ability to support, coach, mentor, develop, and inspire others
- Intermediate technical skills in Microsoft Office and Adobe products
If an interesting and challenging opportunity is in your future career growth, Jetlines will provide the opportunity for the right candidate. We offer a balance of work and life management, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer a competitive and benefits package.