We are looking for a Senior IT Administrator that posesse skills and experience in wide range of technologies, along with competent trouble-shooting skills, to join our team in Malta.
The successful candidate will have the responsibility of supporting the organisation’s internal and external users in Malta, as well as users in remote sites and project work.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior IT administrator to join a growing, highly skilled international team that has consistently delivered on complex projects and a high level of support.
- Day-to-day end user support and administration for desktop, communication and server technology.
- Support of backup and disaster recovery solutions.
- Basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, etc.
- Follow-up of daily jobs, ensuring correct application, resolutions of any issues, assessing and proposing improvements.
- Carrying out documentation of the systems infrastructure, maintenance agreements, process descriptions of daily routine operations, liaise with service providers.
- Communication with suppliers and other group subsidiaries.
- Maintaining IT systems availability, providing support and resolving issues in order to sustain business continuity.
- Providing maintenance and support for desktops / laptops, Cisco equipment, telephones and mobiles.
- Assisting with internal / external applications and hardware upgrades.
- Managing all IT assets and IT security related policies, backups and procedures.
- Performing tasks and projects assigned by IT Manager from time to time.
- Administration of building facilities, security and redundancy systems, general office maintenance co-ordination
Required Skills, Qualificiations, and Experience
- Microsoft and Linux Servers
- Microsoft server technologies, such as Active Directory, and Group Policy.
- VMware vSphere and Citrix XenApp hypervisors.
- Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, and Blackberry (BES12) messaging platforms.
- Networking and VoIP skills, Cisco and Call Manager experience a plus.
- AWS administration knowledge.
- Backup Technologies (including Veeam).
- Desktop operating systems and applications, including Microsoft Windows 10, Mac OS, and Microsoft Office 2010-2016.
- Comfortable with user Hardware (Windows PCs/Laptops and Macs).
- Willing to learn and support in-house technologies.
- Working within a ITIL structured support environment and following standard processes and procedures.
- Can communicate well, both in writing and in person and have excellent written and spoken English.
- Able to communicate with both technical and non-technical parties.
- Able and willing to act as a mentor to junior team members.
- Organisational and time managementskills, and must be willing to work with minimal supervision.
- Team player.
- Motivated to learn and develop new skills.
- Able and willing to travel.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 7 years of experience in IT Administration, performing help desk and user support as well as infrastructure administration.
- Degree in Computer Science or a related subject.
- Technical certificates are considered a plus.