Joining Thomson Airways as a Pilot you will provide a safe and enjoyable in-flight experience for all our customers. It’s an important part of our culture that we all contribute to ensuring our customer expectations are not only met, but exceeded. We see the journey as very much part of our customer’s holiday, we expect our pilots to embrace the customer focused culture and go the extra smile to ensure our cabin service is the envy of our competitors.
Thomson Airways is part of the TUI Group and is the world’s leading leisure travel group. Right now, we are building an international customer facing team that will deliver a consistent, contemporary service to every single customer from all of our European countries. Joining us will not only provide you with opportunities to you to grow your career, but you will also get the benefits of being part of an exciting multi-cultural and united team.
What you will be doing
You will be operating as a Pilot on the B737 and will be type frozen for a period of 12 months, after which you will be permitted to bid off the fleet to one of our other fleets as a First Officer, including the B787 Dreamliner.
You’ll enjoy working with people, be a skilled communicator, have excellent customer service skills with a proven ability to make the right decision in any given scenario, taking into account all the circumstances and the needs of everyone involved. We would also expect you to have a clear understanding of the Thomson Airways values and strategy. With a genuine passion for aviation, you’ll demonstrate a desire to achieve a flying career in a role that whilst is mentally and physically demanding is extremely rewarding!
What we are looking for
- EASA ATPL with IR; If license is issued by a non-UK state, be willing and able to transfer to a UK issued EASA license prior to joining Thomson Airways
- A current EASA Class 1 medical; If medical records are not held by the UK CAA, be willing and able to transfer medical records to UK to permit the issue of a UK issued EASA license.
- Type rated on B737NG (600, 700, 800, 900,) and / or Type rated on B737 (300 – 500)
- Have a minimum of 300 hours on B737 (300 – 900)
- Have a minimum of 100 hours B737 (300-900) in 12 months prior to application.
- Entitled to live and work indefinitely in the UK
- Hold a valid 10 year EU or UK passport that permits worldwide travel without restrictions – minimum 6 months validity
- Level 4 English with the ability to upgrade to Level 6
- Willing to reside within 1 hour of nominated base
- Able to work on a flying program which operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365days of the year.
- At least 1.58m tall
- Able to swim 25 meters
Working within TUI group
Thomson Airways is the UK’s third largest airline with 63 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. Thomson Airways was the first airline in the UK to take delivery of Boeing’s 787 Dreamliner and has recently embarked on an ambitious five year plan to become the world’s best holiday airline.
Help to make our customers smile and in return, you’ll be rewarded with a competitive salary, the option to join a contributory pension scheme with employer contributions currently at 10%, Life Assurance cover, and you will receive Private Health Insurance.
There are childcare vouchers, shopping discounts, holiday offers and great rates on late notice flights, accommodation & cruises.
This position is a Full-Time contract.
In the first year, a payment of £7,000 is deducted from monthly salary prior to tax / NI deductions for training costs.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please click on the link below where you will be required to provide personal details and complete an online application form.
Should you be successful at the first stage of screening you will be invited to a full day Assessment Centre where you will take part in a number of Group & Individual activities.
The Assessment Centres will be between the 15th May 2017 and the 19th May 2017 and positions will commence late August 2017.