Joining Thomson Airways as a Pilot you will provide a safe and enjoyable in flight experience for all our customers. It’s an important part of our culture that we all contribute to ensuring our customer expectations are not only met, but exceeded. We see the journey as very much part of our customer’s holiday, we expect our pilots to embrace the customer focused culture and go the extra smile to ensure our cabin service is the envy of our competitors.
Thomson Airways is part of the TUI Group and is the world’s leading leisure travel group. Right now, we are building an international customer facing team that will deliver a consistent, contemporary service to every single customer from all of our European countries. Joining us will not only provide you with opportunities for you to grow your career, but you will also get the benefits of being part of an exciting multi-cultural and united team.
What you will be doing
You will be operating as a Pilot on either the B737 or B757/767 and you will initially be frozen on type for a period of 3 years, after which you will be permitted to bid onto one of our other aircraft types if you wish.
You’ll enjoy working with people, be a skilled communicator, have excellent customer service skills with a proven ability to make the right decision in any given scenario, taking into account all the circumstances and the needs of everyone involved. We would also expect you to have a clear understanding of the Thomson Airways values and strategy. With a genuine passion for aviation you’ll demonstrate a desire to achieve a flying career in a role that whilst is mentally and physically demanding is extremely rewarding!
What we are looking for
- EASA ATPL with IR – If license is issued by a non-UK state, be willing and able to transfer to a UK issued EASA license prior to joining Thomson Airways at your own cost
- A current EASA Class 1 medical ; If your medical records are not held by the UK CAA, you must be willing and able to transfer medical records to UK to permit the issue of a UK issued EASA license at your own cost
- A minimum of 1500 hours or 250 sectors on a multi-pilot turbo-jet transport category aeroplane or a multi-pilot turbo-prop aeroplane having a MTOM of not less than 10 tonnes or an approved passenger seating configuration of more than 19 passengers
- A minimum total of 1000 hours
- Entitled to live and work indefinitely in the UK
- Hold a valid 10 year EU or UK passport that permits worldwide travel without restrictions – minimum 6 months validity
- Level 4 English with the ability to upgrade to Level 6
- Willing to reside within 1 hour of nominated base
- Able to work on a flying program which operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365days of the year.
- At least 1.58m tall
- Able to swim 25 meters
Working within TUI group
Thomson Airways is the UK’s third largest airline with 63 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. Thomson Airways was the first airline in the UK to take delivery of Boeing’s 787 Dreamliner and has recently embarked on an ambitious five year plan to become the world’s best holiday airline.
Help to make our customers smile and in return you’ll be rewarded with a competitive salary, the option to join a contributory pension scheme with current employer contributions of 10%, Life Assurance cover, and you will receive Private Health Insurance.
There are childcare vouchers, shopping discounts, holiday offers and great rates on late notice flights, accommodation & cruises.
This position is a Full Time contract. The 757/767 vacancies provide an exciting opportunity to be based permanently in the UK during the summer, combined with a permanent Nordic posting during the winter, operating for Thomson Airways. The UK base will be the main base for the summer operation and the Nordic base will be the main base for the winter, for a period of less than 6 months. Our Nordic bases are likely to be Gothenburg, Stockholm, Helsinki and Copenhagen. There will be a financial support package in place for the Nordic base and an apartment will be provided for the duration. We reserve the right to invoke the Nordic posting or not, depending on operational requirements, this will apply to 757/767 postings only, not 737.
For the first 3 years a payment of £7,000 is deducted from monthly salary prior to tax / NI deductions for training costs.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please click on the link below where you will be required to provide personal details and complete an online application form.
Should you be successful at the first stage of screening you will be invited to a full day Assessment Centre where you will take part in a number of Group & Individual activities.
The Assessment Centres will be between the 15th May 2017 and the 19th May 2017 and positions will commence late August 2017.
Successful candidates after the Assessment Centre will be invited to complete a SIM session W/C 24th/25th May 2017, these dates are subject to change and availability.